Friday, March 12, 2010

Changes to this blog

Sharp-eyed readers of this blog may have noticed some changes afoot here. Such as the inclusion of photographs. And the addition of new posts. Okay, it has been over a year now since I added the photos, so this change can hardly be described as recent. And though the difference between a dead blog and a live one is a big one, I've not exactly been prolific in my posting.

The point is I'm gradually beginning to tackle the task of transforming this blog from a repository for some stuff that I have written into one that tracks current events and will hopefully be resource for people interested in the region. Extractive industry is what I'm interested in, and that's what I'll mostly focus on. In the years since my trip to Africa I've largely written about infrastructure finance, and I hope to put that to good effect here.

That's the plan anyway, it does rather create the problem that a blog called "Marcus Bensasson in West Africa" might flounder if Marcus Bensasson is actually in London. That's why I stopped updating it in the first place.

Well, I hope to go back to west Africa for another trip soon, though right now it is still just an aspiration. I may eventually fold this blog into a new one with a different title, and looser geographical remit. But I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

No comments: